The Collie Club of Colorado was established in 1951 and is a member club of the Collie Club of America..
The Collie Club of Colorado is a specialty breed club licensed by the American Kennel Club.
Collie Club of Colorado members are committed to the protection and advancement of the Collie breed.
- To encourage and promote the exhibition and training of purebred Collies.
- To urge members and breeders to accept the standard as approved by the American Kennel Club as the only standard of excellence by which Collies shall be judged.
- To do all in its power to protect and advance the interests of the breed by encouraging sportsmanlike competition at dog shows, obedience trials, rally trials, agility trials, and herding trials.
- To conduct fun matches, sanctioned matches, specialty conformation shows, obedience trials, rally trials and herding trials.
- To educate both its membership and the public about the Collie breed including care, training, and health-related issues.
- To assist the Collie breed by:
- Providing a Breeder Referral service whereby individuals can contact and learn more about the breed, and when appropriate can be referred to responsible Collie breeders in the area.
- Partnering with Rescue Organizations to assist abandoned, unwanted, or otherwise neglected Collies in finding new homes.